Why You Need Personalization for your Marketing Events
Here’s an example of what Coca-Cola did to use personalization to help create a buzz for their brand. Visitors had the opportunity to take a picture with a giant coke can. Using Elation Digital’s customized photo activation software, their name was placed on the can. They walked away with a physical photo and the opportunity to share the picture socially which extended the brand. There were also other giant cans adorning the name of famous soccer players. Cool, right?
Here’s what adding personalization can do for you:
1) Increase Engagement—When people feel they are treated as unique and welcomed by name, they are more likely to want to engage with your product or service. They are more willing to learn what you have to share. If you know even more about them, even better. By doing this, you create a connection. You’ve appealed to their ego—and whether people like to look at it that way or not, it’s true. If you’ve touched upon an emotional nerve, people are more likely to buy. That’s where the connection becomes internal.
2) Improve lead nurturing—So at this point you’ve chatted with them and you know something—what do they want? This allows you to tailor your follow-up campaigns to show them you have what they want and you understand their needs.
3) Customer retention—You’ve made that connection and you have a customer. You will have a higher retention rate and they will be more responsive to you if you keep the personalization going in your on-going marketing. Even simple personalization tools like addressing customers by first name in email, when they visit your site or by acknowledging and remembering their preferences can make a difference in their loyalty to your brand.
It’s important to incorporate personalization into your event. How do you do that?
• Send out a pre-event survey and ask questions that can help you develop a marketing message that will resonate with them once they visit your booth.
• Have an RFID scanner to recognize their name and have it displayed on an LED screen. Who doesn’t want to see their name in lights?
• Create a survey to have on hand using a tablet, like we did for Capgemini, and capture relevant information right there on the spot and enter them to win a prize just for playing.
It seems important to at least mention, the Internet of Things (IoT) in this blog. Companies are looking to connect devices, products and services via the Internet and even with products not online. And, what is at the center of IoT? Personalization. Why do I say that? Because it’s personal to each user accessing their devices, their choice of communication and owner is in control and recognized by the company. Connecting devices is connecting companies to individuals on an individual and personal level.
These same principles can work for your site too, it doesn’t have to be an event. Do what you can to be relevant to all visitors at all levels you can.
Learn how Elation Digital can help you achieve personalization success!
Elation Digital develops a wide variety of interactive brand experiences and event technologies to draw crowds for tradeshows, events and mobile marketing tours including photo & video activations, custom branded games, infotainment, social media, data capture, tracking and reporting. Their solutions are perfect for all budget levels from simple solutions to complete integrated campaigns.