Gamification is defined in many different ways. A business using gamification for its own internal use utilizes games for on boarding, training, employee motivation and peer building, to name a few. For companies looking to incorporate gamification into an event, trade show or conference, it solves completely different goals:
1) Booth attraction—People are waving their arms around or jumping in place. These types of games work to bring a level of excitement to your booth that gets people curious. Once you’ve gained their attention you can share the message you want them to learn.
2) Lead generation—Capturing attendee information before playing a game is a great way to generate leads. People don’t mind giving up a few personal details for some fun. Be sure to collect the data points you will use to contact your lead for post event follow-up to keep the conversation going and extend the relationship.
3) Brand awareness—Perhaps you are a well-known brand and just want viewership to stay in the minds of consumers. If you are a smaller brand or a company wanting to create a brand image, games can be leveraged to reinforce brand messaging throughout the game.
4) Occupy and entertain—Have you been fortunate enough to have an interested group of people in your booth but all your booth attendees are with other people? Having a game in the booth that reinforces your brand while they are waiting to learn more about your product or service is a great way to keep them occupied and engaged until someone is free to chat with them. Also, if you anticipate long lines at your event, having gaming stations throughout the line is an excellent way to keep your participants happy while waiting.
5) Infotainment—Playing games can actually be created to teach the participant in your booth what you want them to learn such as key features of a product. It becomes an interactive canvass to help to convey the message(s) you want to share.
Any or all of these reasons are why you should choose adding games to your next event, trade show or conference. Gamification allows for a fun interaction with your brand which leaves a longer lasting impression on an attendee.
Want more information on adding gamification to your next marketing event? Learn more!
Elation Digital develops a wide variety of interactive brand experiences and event technologies to draw crowds for tradeshows, events and mobile marketing tours including photo & video activations, custom branded games, social media, data capture, tracking and reporting. Their solutions are perfect for all budget levels from simple solutions to complete integrated campaigns.